4/26/2006

Piss Off

My neighbor on the first floor told me the other day that he doesn't like my dog pissing on the tree in front of his porch. We live in condos, and all the outside area of the building excluding his actual porch is common area. The grass, the trees, the sidewalk - all common area. He doesn't control it. The property manager and condo association controls it. The dude, who looks to be at least 15 years older than me, has never owned a dog in his life. I know this because I asked him that very question.


The dog pisses on the same tree almost every time he's walked because he is a male dog marking his territory, a well known and well documented fact about male dogs. Something I assumed even non-dog owners knew, but assumptions rarely hold water. There are no condo association rules that deal with canine urination. Common courtesy says dogs shouldn't do their business in your yard or on your porch, but that's not the issue here. The neighbors entire argument is that he doesn't like the dog pissing anywhere near his porch. Well dude, tough shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment